Monday 22 September 2014

CROSS COUNTRY

The staff car park was packed with loud children wating for there cross country race. The car park had mini road cones with numbers on them to show what age group the children were in. I saw that the yellow line is were we started (and finished.) Suddenly Mr. Wallace shouted into his mike "9 year olds to the starting line."It was my turn now. All the 9 year olds steped onto the yellow line and waited until Mr. Wallace clapped the clappers. 
Finally Mr. Wallace whispered "5, 4, 3, 2, 1"
 BANG! He clapped the clappers together. And we started the race. At first I was behind then I started to speed up. We dashed over the bridge and down the pathway. I slid past Harrison, shot around Mr. Bassit (who was standing by the church.) Just then Harrison flung himself past me. But in a couple of seconds whoosh I past him. Finally the crowd of 9 year olds got to the staff car park and started to run down to room 3. We sored past room 5 and room 4 and around into the teachers driveway again. I zoomed onto the path way and around room 3 AND ALMOST TRIPPED OVER! When I passed room 8 and turned the corner  Calany came curving around the corner and almost passing me but suddenly I zoomed passed the finish line and at the same time It was all over. I felt my heart it was beating like 2 times a second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment